Latest Movie :

"Hurt" cricketer Sami vows to put up good show in Sri Lanka

Karachi, May 28: Pakistan fast-bowler Mohammad Sami has said he was  ''shocked and hurt'' after his name did not feature in the list of centrally-contracted players and the stipend category, which was recently announced by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB).
The PCB had released the much-awaited list, awarding contracts to 21 players besides announcing an equal number of names in the stipend category for their impressive performance in domestic cricket, reports The Express Tribune.
However, Sami, who has been recalled to the squad for all the three formats ahead of the series against Sri Lanka, was a surprise omission, states the paper.
"It definitely hurts. The feeling is natural as I was expecting my name to be there. The problem is that the PCB also announced a separate stipend category for impressive performances in the domestic events and my name is not even in that list. I gave my best and my performance chart speaks for itself so it obviously hurts," Sami was quoted, as saying.
But Sami said he will not let the disappointment affect his performance in the upcoming series that starts against Sri Lanka on June 1.
"I''ve made many comebacks through hard work. I will display the same attitude and earn the contract through my performance," he said.
"The best thing for me is that I am in the Pakistan team. Although a central contract is important for a player, being in the national team is more important. I''m working hard for a successful return to international cricket with an eye on transforming my domestic form to the top level," he added.
© ANI
Share this article :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. straight drive - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Free Blogger Template